Indian Maritime University is Recruiting PG / Ph.D. candidates in 2011, Chennai
Recruitment of Faculty
Indian Maritime University invites applications from Indian nationals for faculty positions at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor. The University intends to fill up 40 faculty positions in the following Schools/Departments at IMU Headquarters, Chennai and its Campuses at Mumbai, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam, Cochin and its Centres at Kandla and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Pay Scale:PB: 4 Rs.37400-67000 + AGP : 10000
Ph.D. Degree with First Class at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Science/Engineering & Technology, and experience of 10 years in teaching, research and / or industry, out of which at least 5 years at the level of Reader/ Associate Professor or equivalent grade along with published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research / policy papers in indexed / ISBN / ISSN numbered journals and/or ISBN/ISSN numbered books and the University developed ISBN/ISSN number list of journals / books hosted in the website of the concerned University.
Degree or Diploma in Science or Engineering / or 2 years of pre?sea education at a Maritime Training Ship / Academy / or equivalent.
Pay Scale: PB 4 Rs.37400-67000 + AGP : 9000
i.Good academic record with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned / allied/relevant isciplines.
ii. 55% of the marks, or equivalent grade wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s degreelevel.
iii. A minimum of five years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University / College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers in indexed/ISBN/ISSN numbered books / journals and University developed ISBN/ISSN list of journals hosted on the website of the concerned University.
iv. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
v. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by UGC shall be a mandatory requirement.
Pay Scale:PB: 3 Rs.15600-39100 + AGP : 6000
(A) i. Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% of the marks or equivalent grade where grading system is practiced at the Master’s degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
iii. NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
iv.A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) developed by UGC shall be a mandatory requirement.
(B) An outstanding professional with established reputation in the relevant field who has made significant contribution to his field of specialization / knowledge.
1. A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Master’s level for the SC/ST categories for the purpose of eligibility
2. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed their Master’s degree prior to 19 th September, 1991.
3. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading systems is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
4. The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D. shall not be considered as research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
5. Applicants are advised to submit the applications to the University well in advance, without waiting till last date, to avoid postal delay or any other unforeseen problems. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay or at any other stage.
6. The University may offer lower post to a candidate, who may have applied for a higher post, in case suitable candidates are not available for the advertised post.
7. It will be open to the University to consider, on its own, names of suitable andidates who might have not applied. Candidate cannot claim it as a right.
8. The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview. The University reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed as decided by duly constituted Screening Committee(s). Call letters for attending interview will be sent only to the short?listed candidates by Speed Post or Registered Post or Courier service. No correspondence will be made with applicants who were not short-listed/not called for interview.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed application form, which may be downloaded from the website of the University. Incomplete applications & applications without the prescribed fee will be rejected. Those who have applied earlier vide our advertisement dated 23-04- 2010 need not apply again. The filled in applications should reach The Registrar, Indian Maritime University, Chennai-600 119 on or before 01-06-2011
Last Date To Apply: 1st June, 2011
Advertisement Details: http://imu.tn.nic.in/Faculty/Faculty%20Recruitment%20Advt%202011.pdf