Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation Limited Recruits Management Posts in 2011
Recruitment Advertisement no.IRCTC/Officers/2011/3
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), a premier Miniratna Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites applications for appointment to the following posts in Tourism Department on contract basis through open direct recruitment:
Assistant Manager ( E-2) – 03 (unreserved)
Age Limit: 35
Regular Master degree in Tourism Management or Administration/MTM / 2 years regular Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management from a UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institute. Working Knowledge of MS-Office is essential.
Desirable: Certificate or Diploma in Tourism or Hospitality courses from International professional organization such as IATA/**UFTAA would be preferred.
Experience : A minimum of 4 years of post qualification experience out of which at least 2 years in executive cadre in a PSU or reputed travel and tourism organization, in operation marketing and management. No part of teaching experience would qualify for the above
stipulated experience requirements.Candidates fromprivate sector having a minimum CTC of Rs.4 lakhs per annum will be eligible for applying.
Pay Scale: Rs.50000/- consolidated pay + Incentives
Executive (E-0) – 24 (unreserved: 14, OBC: 6, SC:3, ST: 1)
Age Limit: 30
Regular Bachelors degree in Tourism Studies or Tourism Management, from a UGC/AICTE recognized University/Institute. Working knowledge of (MS-Office) essential.
Desirable: Knowledge of a foreign language.
Minimum 3 years post qualification work experience in a PSU or reputed travel and tourism organization, in operations/marketing. Candidates from private sector having a minimum CTC of Rs.2.5 lakhs per annum will be eligible for applying.
Pay Scale: Rs.30000/- consolidated pay + Incentives 013
Sr. Supervisor (S-3) 27(unreserved:15,OBC:7, SC:4,ST:1)
Age Limit: 28
Essential: Bachelors in any stream with 1 year regular Diploma in Travel and Tourism from a UGC/ AICTE recognized University / Institute / International Professional Organizations such as *IATA/**UFTAA. Working knowledge of MS-Office is essential.
Experience : One year working experience in a PSU or reputed travel and Tourism organization in operations and marketing. Candidates from private sector having a minimum CTC of Rs.1.5 lakhs per annum will be eligible for applying.
Pay Scale: Rs.25000/- consolidated pay + Incentives
Terms & Conditions:
1) PLACE OF POSTING: Anywhere in India.
2) PERIOD OF CONTRACT: The initial contract period will be of three years which can be extended by another two years based on satisfactory performance of the selected candidates and requirement of the organization. However, management reserves the right for
regularizing the services of outstanding performers in the selected post after completion of initial contract period and based on requirement of the organization.
3) PERKS, INCREMENT AND INCENTIVES : Annual increment of 10% will be paid on consolidated pay. Performance based incentive will also be payable in addition to the consolidated pay which can be as high as upto 30% of consolidated pay for outstanding performers. The selected candidates will be provided medical insurance and group personal accident insurance covers as per IRCTC policy and will also be entitled for traveling, boarding and lodging expanses while on official tours. No other perks and allowances will be admissible.
4) GOVT/ PSU CANDIDATES : Candidates employed in Govt./PSUs should produce a “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview, if short-listed and called for the interview.
a. In case of Internal Candidates from IRCTC in IDA scale of pay, he/she must have minimum one year of experience in one level below the post applied for.
b. Candidates from other Public Sector undertakings (PSU) in IDA scale of pay must have a minimum two years experience in one scale of pay below the post applied for.
c. In case of candidates in CDA pay scale from other PSUs/Central Government department/Armed Forces, DPE/DOPT guidelines will be followed to determine the equivalence of minimum two years experience in one scale of pay and rank below the post applied for.
5) RESERVATIONS : Reservations of posts for SC/ST/OBC will be as per Government directives. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category should enclose an attested copy of Caste/Tribe certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
6) The candidates applying against OBC reserved vacancies should note that they have to produce a valid certificate in support of their belonging to OBC community by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format for Central Government Employment
indicating that they do not belong to ‘Creamy Layer’ of the OBCs. Further, the caste to which the candidate belongs should be the one included in the Central list of OBC since IRCTC is a Central Government’s PSU.
7) 3% Reservation for persons with disability will be as per Government of India norms.
8) Reservation for Ex-Serviceman is also applicable as per Government of India guidelines.
9) No traveling expenses will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the Written Test/interview. However SC/ST candidates called for the interview will be reimbursed 2nd class to and fro rail fare by the shortest route on production of tickets.
10) No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates found ineligible and not called for written test/interview or for non-selection.
11) Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
12) SELECTION PROCESS:
Selection will be based on Written Test followed by interview for the short listed candidates who qualify in the written test. The Written Test will be held at 1) Chennai, 2) Delhi, 3) Hyderabad, 4) Kolkata and 5) Mumbai and will comprise of 200 objective type questions for three hours duration with negative marking for wrong answers. Written test will comprise of two parts; Part-I will have 100 question having questions on General Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical Ability and proficiency in English language and Part- II will have 100 questions to adjudge the professional ability of the concerned discipline. Candidates have to qualify both in written test and interview separately to be placed in merit list for selection. The interview will be held at New Delhi.
13) The candidates are to note that the option of the centre once exercised cannot be changed. However, in the event of not holding the examination in a particular city, due to administrative reasons, the examination center may be allotted in some other city and a
candidate will have to appear for the Written Examination at the Centre/ City finally allocated by the Corporation.
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates of Indian Nationality have to apply only through online registration system of IRCTC i.e. through www.irctc.com Online submission of the applications will be allowed on the website between 2nd May 2011 to 23rd May 2011. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted. While applying On-Line, candidate should have the following readily available.
• Two E-mail IDs (from different service providers which must be valid for at least one year from the date of registration)
• Crossed demand draft/pay order of Rs. 300/- as processing and Examination fees from General & OBC candidates only which will be attached to the Registration slip and dispatched to- Post Bag No. 007, Sriniwaspuri Post Office, New Delhi -110065 by 31st May
2011. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
• SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from processing and examination fees.
• SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will have to submit their caste / disability certificate along with the registration slip.
• Candidates will have to submit details of relevant post qualification experience with date in chronological order along with the registration slip.
• The DD details (if applicable) and valid e-mail ID are mandatory fields without which applications will not be registered.
• The Demand Draft is non refundable and should be drawn in favor of ” Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.” payable at New Delhi only. Demand drafts payable at locations other than New Delhi will not be accepted. Money Order / Postal Order or any other mode of payment is not acceptable.
Commencement of online registration of applications by candidates: 2nd May, 2011
Last date for receipt of online applications: 23rd May 2011
Last date for accepting registration slips with required documents by post: 31st May 2011
Advertisement Details: http://www.irctc.com/displayServlet?displayActionFlag=all_pdf&get_file_name=Advt_AM_Below20110502